When the present building of what was then Falkirk Parish Church (now Falkirk Trinity Church), was erected in 1811 there was no stained glass. It was not until Provost Robert Adam, who as a heritor and member of the Parish Church was aware that the sanctuary was devoid of ornamentation, successfully led a move to improve matters.
Battles of Falkirk
1298 & 1746
The most notable casualty in the first Battle in July 1298 was Sir John de Graeme, the young man who had fought alongside Wallace from the time of Stirling Bridge. The death of Wallace's right hand man is one of the most noteworthy passages in the eleven books which make up Blind Harry's account. It tells how de Graeme fought and killed an English knight.
FALKIRK OLD PARISH CHURCH & ST MODAN'S PARISH CHURCH
In the mid-eighties St Modan's Parish Church was faced with huge problems - deteriorating buildings and insufficient resources to maintain or repair them. With great regret, but also with great courage, the members decided to seek a union with another congregation. After much discussion and negotiation, the service of union was held on 22 October 1986, and Falkirk Old & St Modan's Parish Church came into being.